Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Dinosaur Playsets 2021

 

As soon as I saw this advertised in The Prehistoric Times I knew that I would be getting it.  Getting my first playset after eating all that awful cereal was worth it.  I now had caves and cavepeople for my dinosaurs to roam around in and snack on, respectively.  I had no idea, of course, about the history of these toys, I just knew I liked them.  I got another set later on, for Christmas, but it was slightly different.  Naturally, these have long since disappeared from my collection.  Who knew they would become so collectable?

This is an expanded and updated version of an earlier book, which the author, Jeffery S. Pfeiffer had done before the internet really exploded.  This book has so many great pictures and is mostly in full color.  The amount of research he must have done is astounding to think about, and yet, he did it.  I highly recommend this fine tome.

I do think the cover could have some kind of dinosaur on it, though.

No comments: