Thursday, May 27, 2021

Lobby Cards


 I think an issue of Xenorama will be dedicated to lobby cards.  It will be in the same mold as the one about 8mm movies.  There are a lot of really cool lobby cards out there.  Many of them have images that don't appear in the movies at all.  I don't even think lobby cards are made any more.  I remember spending as much time as possible pouring over the lobbies for Godzilla vs Megalon when it was released in 1976.  I'd never seen pictures of the monsters in color like that before.  These preview cards were way more interesting than the re-release of Bambi, I'll tell you what.

I have to go through my files now and see how many I have now.  Over the last ten years or so I have accumulated many of them for use in Xenorama, but they would be in separate files.  I have a few actual lobby cards, but not very many.  They are getting rarer and rarer these days, and perhaps more in demand than they had been.

No comments: