Friday, May 7, 2021

The Blue Leopard... wait, BLUE?

 

I loved Atlas Comics' short lived series of Tiger-man.  The second issue, which was the first one I bought, featured what probably would have been a foe turned friend in the future.  Well, that's what I would have done, anyway.  This rival is called The Blue Leopard and was given his powers by his tribe's shaman, who blamed Dr. Lancaster Hill for the deaths in his tribe. I figure this would end up being a story that was not quite true, causing the Blue Leopard to reevaluate the reason for killing Tiger-man.

But really, what leopard, or tiger, for that matter, ever has blue in their coat?  It does set off the oranges and yellows quite well, though.  I love the use of colors in older comics.  These days, they would have to be orange and black.  I'm so over black for heroes nowadays.

No comments: