Sunday, May 30, 2021

who you gonna call?

 

I remember watching Ghostbusters in the theater for the first time.  This was in the summer of 1984, and the movie quickly became the "go to" film to see if you have a bad day.  I saw it ten times that summer.  This is probably only second to Star Wars (1977) for the movie I have see the most times in the theater in my life.  I saw it on it's 40th anniversary  as well, even if I was forbidden to say any lines from the movie that time.  That was not easy, I'll tell you what.  Somehow I managed to keep it together for those two hours.

That first time though, when everything is fresh and funny, was great.  When Gozer the Destroyer was about to appear, and we were getting glimpses of it, I thought it was a Cabbage Patch Kid.  Those ugly dolls were huge at that time, and it would have been pretty funny, but I'm glad that they used Mr Sta Puft.  

I liked the sequel just fine, though I haven't watched it in years.  I never did see the remake, since aside from having the roles reversed, what was the point?

No comments: