Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Xenorama #30- Marine Boy!

At long last, the third and (hopefully) final edition of my Marine Boy book is available on Amazon.  This blog started in 2007, and became the official Marine Blog in September of that year.  I had just spoken to the late Peter Fernandez about the show.  What a great guy he was!  I wish I had finished at least one version of the book before he passed on.  I think he would have enjoyed it.

I have folded this version into the Xenorama numbering, so it is officially part of the title.   It's funny, when I started the episode guide they were really detailed.  I was was watching VHS tapes, as DVDs were just coming into existence and DVDrs were unheard of back then.  I had 77 episodes across 12 or so tapes at one point.  These were the best copies from Australia, and the PAL transfer sped them up a bit, I think.

Now the whole series is available on DVD from Warner Archives.  They have also release Johnny Cypher in Dimension Zero.  The only shows really missing from a US release are 8th Man, Amazing 3 and Prince Planet.  It would be nice to see them, but I won't hold my breath.

This new edition has some great new stuff in it, and I think I got all the typos.  I probably didn't, but that's the nature of things.  It's in black and white so it is much less expensive.  The color version will remain for sale as well, though.
 

No comments: