Saturday, August 6, 2022

Space Ghost Blu Ray set

 

I got this set a while ago, and it is quite nice.  It is the same set up as the DVD set was, but with such good picture quality that the animation elements are sometimes apparent.  Still, the sound is great, and it has the same great documentary on Alex Toth.  They are slowing releasing all the HB cartoons on Blu Ray, at least the popular ones.  I would double dip on the rest, but if the other cartoons stay on DVD I won't mind either.  It is nice to have a nearly complete set of the superheroes they did when I was growing up. I wish I had known this would happen 30 years ago!

They are all made on demand, which helps keep the cost down.  I wish they had talked to any of the surviving voice cast.  Is there a doc on Gary Owens?  I would find that enjoyable.

No comments: