Thursday, August 4, 2022

Fantastic Four (2006) cartoon

 

I had seen a few clips of this cartoon on YoutTube recently  It was from the episode where the She Hulk joins and it looked pretty fun.  I had resisted watching the show due to the rather ugly character designs.  After watching the first episode I don't think I will be viewing the rest of the show.  The story was OK, but the Thing was the only character I recognized.  Johnny is a complete tool, Reed is a wimp, and Sue is portrayed as a scary ball buster.  Yuck.  Granted, the group needed some updating, as hearing Sue say "if only Reed were here" would get old quickly, much like it did in the comic book.  They all got better though.  I suppose this could work the same way, but it will be a long time until I watch more of it.  I may try the 90s version in the near future.

I'm still in shock that the best adaption of the FF is the Hanna-Barbera cartoon from the 60s  How is that even possible?  The first rarely seen movie is better than the last three.  This should not be that hard to get right.  Ever since Mr. Fantastic's appearance in the last Dr. Strange movie people are all wound up about a new FF movie, but color me cynical.

No comments: