Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Bionic Reconstruction (2007)

 

I have been watching the first season of The Six Million Dollar Man,  and have one other season set, plus the complete Bionic Woman.  She had to cost more than Steve did, right, inflation and all?  Anyway, there are a lot of guest stars in that first season of Six Mill and I wanted to know more about both shows.  Sure, there is wikipedia, but books are just so much easier to use and read. I looked about and discovered this book here.  It is almost 400 pages of bio-electronic goodness.  It is written by Herbie J. Pilato, who has written many other books about televisions shows.

It is an episode guide, but also talks about the creation of the first series, along with the books by Martin Caidin.  I read a few of the books he wrote about Steve Austin, and they were enjoyable enough.  I had a rather poor view of the show for many years, thinking it was rather dull.  Some of the episodes are not that exciting, but this first season is pretty strong.

I'm looking forward to reading more about the shows.  I won't need a bionic eye to do that!

No comments: