Monday, July 3, 2023

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur 14- Coney Island, Baby!

 

IN WHICH Mimi takes Lunella and Casey to Coney Island.  Lu was terrified at a young age by the "fun" house, and does not want to go.  She does anyway, but guess who is there?  The Beyonder, discovering the joys of eating food.  He smells Lu's fear though, and decides he wants to learn about that even more than food.  He makes a deal with Lu about conquering her fear.  She calls Devil, who is has to swim to Coney Island to help her.  He is afraid of jellyfish, which is strange for a dinosaur, but not strange for people.  He overcomes his fear, and Lu realizes it is OK to be afraid, but can overcome it.  The Beyonder is satisfied.  He then warns Mimi that "they" are coming for her. DUN DUN DUN!

This was a very enjoyable episode.  I find my myself really liking this Beyonder.  I know there is a revelation about Mimi coming up, but I can wait to find out.  It was fun watching Lu and Devil confront their fears.  One would think Moon Girl has been around for a while now, and would be growing up as well.  We will see.  I hope.

No comments: