Sunday, July 30, 2023

Xeno-Gamera

 Frequent Xenorama contributor Bryan Kuriawa suggested an issue about Gamera's first movie.  I gave that some thought, but in honor of 60 years of Gamera, I think we will do an issue about the Showa movies.  This will be in line for 2025.  Yes, it will include that last two movies, no matter how difficult they are to get through.  The others are all pretty fun.  I have all the AIP-TV versions in widescreen, thanks to one Constantine Furman.  He does the best restoration work ever.  Also, he writes some great books, so go purchase some if you have not done so yet.  His knowledge about genre movies is great.

I watched Gammera, the Invincible last night, since I had already seen what Sven was showing.  I doubt he will ever show a Gamera movie, since he hasn't in the last five or so years.  It would be fun, but he would probably have to show them subtitled (ruining the "fun" with dubs) or use lesser quality versions.  Perhaps in the days before I was watching he aired some.

next on Sven- Shadow of the Cat

No comments: