Saturday, February 3, 2024

The Rainbow Music Hall


My first concert that I went to was at Fulsom Field in Boulder.  I saw the Who on their "final" tour.   To this day I have not seen another concert there.  The Rainbow Music Hall in south Denver was the second place I ever saw a popular music concert.  It was on my birthday in 1983.  Yes, I went my parents, the girl I liked and my sister.  We saw the rockin' BJ. Thomas.  It was quite fun, though my stepfather complained that the music was too loud.  He would have been 55 years old then.

The Rainbow was small, about 1500 seats, but it was an awesome place to see a band.  I saw many shows there, sometimes driving down in the pouring rain.  That was for the Men Without Hats/Eurythmics show.  That also cost a total of $4.  It opened in in 1979 and closed in 1988.  Now I wish I had gone more often, of course.

No comments: