Wednesday, September 8, 2010

a mystery solved!

ever have a lifelong mystery solved unexpectedly?  happened to me tonight.

when I was very young, I remember being at the drive in, possibly around 1970 or 1971.  it would have been in the summer time, being in CO, so I would have been either 5 or 6 years old.  I don't remember what movie we saw for the first feature, but I do remember seeing part of the second feature.

why? because one of the characters took out his eye.  I'd never considered that being possible.  now, either we left after that or I fell asleep and didn't see any more of the movie.  in the ensuing years I thought about that scene, and wondered if I would ever know the name of the movie or see it again.  not knowing what kind of movie it was, I thought my chances were slim to none.

tonight, I decided to watch this film.
visiting Tera!
I had heard of it of course, and knowing it was a Gerry Anderson production I was looking forward to if nothing else, the fine miniatures.  I was not expecting to see Herbert Lom remove his eye in the exact same manner I had remembered so long ago!  so now I know what movie I didn't get to watch!

so far, it's a good movie, too.

No comments: