Monday, September 20, 2010

Starman vs the Atomic Rulers!

I first saw Starman (or Super Giant, if you prefer) early in the morning on KWGN Channel 2 in Denver.  it was listed as "Atomic Rulers of the World" with "sci-fi" as it's designated genre.  that was all it said.

so I set the alarm for 2 or 3 A.M. and duly woke my brother Eric up so we could watch the science fiction movie.  we had no idea it was an actual Japanese superhero movie!  for years I remembered Starman bending the gun the gangsters were using to menace the children in the movie.

Starman
we had never seen anything like him before, and it took years for me to find out there were three more movies starring this hero.



the opening was even more iconic and surreal. it's really cool. who knew one day you could buy all four movies for about $20? for more info, look at the Blacksun blog on it!

No comments: