Friday, September 24, 2010

Kamen Rider Hibiki & The Seven Senki (2005)

I can't believe I've owned this movie for 4 years or so. or that I've only watched it once, before I ever saw any of the series.

I started watching Kamen Rider Hibiki about a year ago (see this post) and enjoyed it then.  now that I have seen 39 episodes (only 11 or so left) I really like it.  very different than most "Rider" shows.  though as I said last year, it's not really any kind of Kamen Rider series.

anyway, since I have to wait for the last set of episodes to be delivered, I decided to watch the movie again.  it's kind of the "Seven Samurai" done Oni style, and in 75 minutes.  it's an alternate version of how Hibiki gets his final "Soko" form and sword.

anyone who has watched Japanese fantastic cinema is aware of these styles of movies (see Mazinger Z Vs. Devilman if you want another example).  the main makamo is interesting, but in making it such a huge sea dragon (and all cg) it loses a bit of, oh, how shall we say, credibility, and looks a little silly with it's legs running the way the do.

good movie.  and for fun, here's Hibiki in Kamen Rider Decade with a great piece of music:

No comments: