Thursday, February 5, 2015

Xenorama #18 is almost done

Taking a break from the Unenderance of Smaug (seriously, this movie is far too padded, and it's really making me even more annoyed with Peter Jackson) I've been getting Xenorama #18 ready to finish up.  It will be featuring a lot about the color green, including Green Lantern, Marvel's Godzilla and the movie in the poster featured here.  What?  It doesn't used the word "green" in the title.  You'll have to buy the issue to see how it fits in!  There's also a couple of articles I wrote for a a couple other magazines in the past, featuring Gamera and Kamen Rider Hibiki, updated a bit here and there.

I'm pretty happy with the way it's coming together, and I hope to have it done by the end of the month.  It's got the usual band of great contributors and me as well.  They've all done a great job, which should be no surprise to anyone.  Xenorama is really fortunate to have such a great bunch of people contributing to it.  Makes for a much better and more varied magazine than if I was to do the whole dang thing myself.

This will be the first issue released in both black and white and color editions at the same time.  I'm also toying with the idea of reprinting (and updating) some of the older articles from Xenorama's original run.  I'd have to type them all up again though, which is labor intensive.  We'll see.

No comments: