Monday, February 9, 2015

Mystery Incorporated, the finale

This is easily the best Scooby series, even better than the first series (which was the best, despite the team up with Josie and the Pussycats).  This one really does a good job with everything, and the gang finally does get to face down a supernatural entity.  I mean, I know there were some series where they fought ghosts and such, but I've never seen those.  So as far as I know, it's the first time.  There are also a lot of fun cameos in this second season as well, some obvious, some subtle.  We'll talk about them... now!

There's Blue Falcon and Dynomutt.  I wanted to like that series, but Dynomutt just was too cornball and goofy for me.  It was nice to see Dr. Quest and Race in the episode, as they helped rebuild Dynomutt.  This time they amped up Blue Falcon's obvious Batman influence to almost Dark Knight levels.

Tim and Tub from Moby Dick also show up, in a grim episode.  Moby sort of makes an appearance, though I wish they had said "Gerono-moby!" at one point.  Daphne is their babysitter.

Anyway, the series is quite good, and actually explains why the gang can travel around solving mysteries without any apparent income.  And they actually end the series perfectly- for once I approve of that damn laugh track.

No comments: