Thursday, August 12, 2021

what if?

I read a lot of the first run of this fine and fun series, until the stories began to have more gloom and doom in them than I liked.  But those first two years were pretty great.  I would like to read them again, though I remember the first twelve issues pretty well.  I was still learning my Marvel history at the time this series started, and I quite enjoyed seeing the different ways Marvel history could have gone.  I read there was a second run of the series which expanded upon some of these original stories, but I kinda liked them being standalone for the most part.  Aside from this issue, which had a sequel, I don't recall any other stories that had a part 2.

It will be interesting to see if the new animated series can maintain the same amount of fun without going too far into pathos.  I feel like I shouldn't be worried, but I always do at first.  I think the first episode is about Captain Britain.  It's funny, they didn't use a female Union Jack because the artist couldn't make the design work on the female figure.

No comments: