Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Little Orphan Annie

 

I got this first volume a while ago, due to Xenorama contributor's article on Annie in the comic book issue (#32, on sale now at Amazon!).  I never knew much more about her than the movie and that song.  I hadn't read more than two or three of the strips either.  

Boy howdy, I'll tell you what, I love this strip.  I was able to find this first volume for a good price.  It has been pretty well read and had no dust jacket, but it's still intact.  The art is a bit rougher than it would get, and the story is finding it's tone.  Sometimes I do think Annie gets treated poorly a little TOO much, but that could just be me.  She always comes out well in the end. 

Since I know that the strip lasts several decades, I do know that the main characters are all going to be live through whatever adventure they are on.  Already Sandy has been hit by a car and Annie is paralyzed at this point in time. Everyone gets better.

Annie is also one tough cookie!  I think she's a southpaw, since she has a great left jab and uppercut.  She's not afraid to mix it up with grown ups either.  I'm looking forward to volume 2 if I can find it!

No comments: