Saturday, March 4, 2023

The Adventures of Sinbad, Jr.

 

This fun if inconsequential series ran in syndication starting in 1965.  I saw various episodes on the local kid show Noel and Andy.  It was rare, and I am a bit surprised I ever remembered it.  It was the magic belt though, that stayed in my mind.  It also was something that many of my grade school friends remembered.  It was a pretty cool gimmick.  I didn't remember the wisecracking parrot at all, nor any individual episodes.

The series wasn't broadcast often, though.  There are a ton of episodes, but the exact number appears to be unknown.  Most of the ones available to view are in pretty poor shape.  The original negatives are probably stored in some vault at Warner Brothers, so perhaps a set will show up some day. 

No comments: