Wednesday, March 15, 2023

HOTW- Wonder Woman

 

 Diana was made of clay, and brought to life by the Greek Goddesses.  At least, in one version of of her origin.  She possessed great physical power, and was well educated.  It helps to be immortal.  She brought a downed American soldier back to the States in WWII, and then stayed there to help defeat the Nazis and other such villainous scum.  Later on she joined various teams and even met more than one version of herself.  She is still unique and original.Diana, the Princess of Themyscira, has been around in comic books for over 80 years now.  I have known of her most of my life, in most of her various incarnations.  I wasn't a regular reader for most of that though, since I never thought she lived up to her true potential   I did read George Perez's 80s run on the series, with the post Crisis version, which I mostly enjoyed.  It by nature had to almost ruin Wonder Girl.  Her origin was never thought out that well anyway, and it got worse.  That is a story for another day.

I recently watched WW84, and really enjoyed it, despite it being about a half hour too long.  There is a Wonder Woman issue in the works.

No comments: