Monday, March 6, 2023

The mysterious dinosaur poem

 

Here is something I created in October of 1972.  I am thinking I did not write the actual poem, but I have never seen it anywhere else.  I did do the drawing of the theropod, in all its tail dragging glory.  I am quite sure it was supposed to be a Tyrannosaurus rex, but it does look like it has three fingers, which would make it something else.  Be that as it may, it has been framed for a long time.  Gotta love mothers who think everything their kid does is worthy of existing forever.

My question is, where did this poem come from?  It is pretty clever.  I am sure the teacher brought it to me.  Yes, my love of dinosaurs was evident back then as well.  I would like to claim it as my own.  Many things such as this are probably lost to dust of the 70s, but I would hate to steal someone else's work.

No comments: