Saturday, March 25, 2023

Heroes of the East DVD review

 

 A Chinese kung fu expert marries a Chinese karate expert.  They love each other, but there are some cultural issues that have to be addressed before they have their happy ending.  To get there, we get to see a wide variety of martial arts from China and Japan.  The best part is all of the fighting is mostly realistic, with some cinematic license thrown in to add spice here and there.  No one dies, no one gets seriously damaged- what a nice change of pace for a movie from Hong Kong in this time frame. I have talked about this movie before, but this time I will talk about the DVD that was released in 2008.  I can't believe I have had this disc for 15 years now.  I have watched about five times since then, and listened to the great commentary track at least twice.  It is a great commentary track, I must say.  Bey Logan did quite a few of them for Dragon Dynasty and I have enjoyed the ones I have heard.  I wish he done a lot more for all the movies that have been released.

No comments: