Monday, October 9, 2023

Godzilla vs. the Bionic Monster

 

Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla was released in Japan in 1974.  It took three years for it to get released in the US as Godzilla vs. the Bionic Monster.  Universal threatened to sue over the word "bionic," like they owned a word, so Cinema Shares retitled the movie Godzilla vs. the Cosmic Monster.  It was the same movie, shorn of credits and blood, but otherwise the movie was pretty complete.

I saw it on television a time or two, I think.  I got the VHS when it was released under it's original title, and that was uncut.  At the time, it was not high on my list of favorite Godzilla movies, but it sure has risen.  This is probably the best Godzilla movie of the 70s as far as overall story.  I always enjoy watching it now.

No comments: