Thursday, October 5, 2023

The Flash 1990 DVD set

I got this several years ago.  They used to be in Best Buy's cheap DVD bins for $9.99.  And there were a lot of these sets available.  I think it was released when the new Flash show was starting, but no one realized John Wesley Shipp would play such a large part in that show.  Long story short, I have had it for a while and I do not remember when I actually bought it.  It was probably here in Colorado, though.  I began watching it once, but don't even remember how far I got (this happened with Brisco County, as well, so I will start that show over eventually as well).  I watched the pilot last night. I had forgotten how good it was.  It is also so colorful!  I sure miss bright colors in television dramas.  Even brighter colors are muted these days.  Superheroes should be colorful, that was part of the original charm.  Be that as it may, I was even more impressed by most of the effects, especially the super speed.  Some of the video created images are a bit lacking, but overall, they are pretty great for 1990.  I wish the series had lasted a few more seasons, it should have had some legs.
 

No comments: