Sunday, October 8, 2023

"New" Fantastic Four board game

 

Here is a bit of merchandise I never knew existed.  Back in the 70s seeing anything like this was hit or miss, depending on the store you were in or the time frame you were shopping.  You would see something cool in a store, and week later it would be gone.  And even if you asked the staff to order a new one, they probably wouldn't be able to do it.  For some reason I never thought about asking, though.
I would have loved a board game with the real Fantastic Four, but not one that "featured HERBIE."  I mean, really.  I never did see this game, but I am sure I would have held it in high disdain.  I was rather a severe comic book snob at that age in 1978.  Or 1979, whenever this game would have been released.  I can take HERBIE a lot more now at my current vintage, but back then it was a different story.

No comments: