Tuesday, November 7, 2023

invisible cretinizer

I want one.  Though most of the time, cretins will let people know  they are cretins without any help.  I have posted a Calvin and Hobbes strip here a time or two in the past, but it has been a while, I think.  It has been two years, almost.  Those were the Yule questions.  Perhaps I should try a Calvin of the Week, that could be fun.  They would be random for the most part.  It would be much more difficult to gather multi-week stories together.  I am not saying it won't happen, but right now it will be easier to run random ones that are single strip jokes.

I love The Peanuts, Bloom County (before Opus and Bill took over) and a few others.  Calvin and Hobbes is my favorite strip of all time though.  I am glad that Bill Watterson has dipped his toes back into other strips here and there.  I do not much care for all the fan fiction around the series, since it generally involves old Calvin giving Hobbes to a younger relative.  None of these have been cleared b Watterson, so while some of the pictures are nice, they do not have the connection that I need to the original strip.

Also, C&H is a product of its time.  There were no smart phones back then, home computers were much more difficult to run, and digital on demand was not even a dream.  As much as I would love to see more official C&H, I think it should remain at one with the ages now.

No comments: