Saturday, November 18, 2023

Superman and Spider-Man - 1978 style

This is another Alex Ross masterpiece painting.  I love that is it the Superman and the Spider-Man from 1978.  I mean, the live-action ones.  You can see it is Christopher Reeve, and I would be sure if Spidey unmasked Nicholas Hammond would be right there as well.  I do really enjoy Ross' paintings- he makes the costumes look like actual clothes, which is a talent that a lot of artists don't bother with these days.  The costume looks like it is painted on.  I don't think I have ever noticed anyone's abs when they have a shirt on.I do think Ross has made some great paintings for some questionable projects.  The Battle of the Planets was an awful book, and I didn't care much for the Space Ghost series.  But damn, those covers are truly amazing.

No comments: