Thursday, November 16, 2023

mego super heros

I loved these dolls.  I had a ton of them, including many duplicates of a few of them.  I wasn't rough on toys, but I sure did play with them a lot.  I had seven of the ones pictured here, and then several of the Star Trek dolls (and yes, they were dolls back then).  I had the second Batman, as the first one had a removable cowl.  It was cool, but very bulky, so I had no real desire for it. I also had the Batcave, the Batcopter and the Command Center Starship Enterprise.  I also had a lot of Tarzan dolls, but not because I really wanted them.  The reason will be clearer shortly.

Most of the dolls I got later, like the FF or ST ones, were designed better.  The early ones were made with string and would come apart once said string wore out.  Nothing like watching Captain America fall apart in your hands!  This is the very reason we had to have more than one.  Luckily, the local TG&Y overstocked Tarzan, and the heads could be removed.  That helped.  These original dolls and playsets can go for some big bucks these days.  I wish I had kept them, but I also played with mine.

No comments: