Saturday, October 5, 2024

King Kong promo!

One of the cool things (and useful things) about the internet is finding promotional material for various movies and shows.  It really helps with the published Xenorama- I can find all kinds of cool illustrations.  The King Kong Show was premiered on night time television- back when the networks could air any show any time.  This was pretty bold, but a great idea.  It was two parts as well, which is also very unique for the time frame.  My father may very well have watched it, which may be the reason my sainted mother knows the theme song.  I do wish the entire series had been released on DVD, instead of just two volumes.  I could live without Tom of T.H.U.M.B. though.  More dinosaurs, giant apes, monsters and robots!
I don't actually remember seeing The King Kong show growing up- it might have disappeared from the airwaves before I was truly aware of it,and of course, it was never syndicated in Colorado.  Our television stations were so lame when it came to cartoons for kids.  Somehow, I knew the theme song, though.  Nearly every kid my age new that song, somehow.  It is one of the catchiest theme songs, though.  And that is no lie. 

No comments: