Saturday, October 12, 2024

Monster Challenging!

Sven aired this again last week, as part of the the double feature.  It was the second half, so I didn't watch it.  However, I have seen it plenty, what with owning the DVD.  The stills were omnipresent in monster mags and books, as it is a great looking monster.  Since it was a large prop it could interact directly with the cast, and with skillful editing the attacks looked great.  So the pictures of the mollusc attacking Audrey Dalton always looked scary.  Hence the reason the pictures were used so often.  It sure made me want to see the movie, I will tell you what.The movie is pretty good, overall.  I want to say Carlo Rambaldi did the monster, because it sure looks like one of his, but his name is not in the credits or an IMDb.  He probably didn't, though he must have learned from this movie.  It moves along quickly and is well shot.  The music is good as well.  I can't imagine it lost money at the BO, but who knows.
 

No comments: