Sunday, November 15, 2020

Xenorama #29


The last issue I posted on here was #23, about two years ago.  This is the newest issue, which is live on Amazon now, along with all the issues from #15 on, plus the Marine Boy book, version #2 (and that's a spoiler- there will be a version 3 in the near future, as soon as I put the final touches on it). I know I should have published more about the other issues recently, but life does happen, and I have found I much prefer the physical books than reading online.

This issue is over 100 pages.  Most of the recent have been in black and white, and I have redone a few of the older ones as well.  They are being published in digest size now.  Both of these changes were to make the cost go down, and I like the way they look, aesthetically. The black and white pictures give it a cool look.

Now, I may put out a full color book once in a while, but that those will be few and far between.  I do have one in the works at the moment, but it won't be out for a while, due to the large amounts of research that is required to make it a really cool item.

This issue has all kinds of pre-cgi heroes, including the Phantom, The Green Hornet (more than one, even), Doc Savage, the Three Fantastic Supermen, El Santo and many, many more.  It's fun to look at those early attempts and see what worked and what didn't.

No comments: