Thursday, January 27, 2022

Eternals (2021) finally

 

this movie sure lived up to it's name.  There is a good movie in here, but taking out at least 40 minutes would help.  There was no conceivable reason for it to be 2 hours and 38 minutes.  And it's very confusing.  Where were the rest of the superheroes while the world was about to be destroyed?  And why didn't I suss out Sersi was dating Dane Whitman of all people?  I am more annoyed about that than I should be.  I was kind of surprised how many Eternals they "killed", but since they are all artificial life forms they can come back over and over and over... The cast was good, for the most part.  I did like the last minute voice over cameo, but what the heck does Blade have to do with the Black Night?

I'm still surprised that Marvel thought this was a good idea for a new series.  Originally, the Eternals were not set on Marvel Earth (Earth 616, right?) until after Jack Kirby left and Roy Thomas brought them in.  Since the real Olympian Gods are now going to exist in the MCU, this could bring a conflict up with some of them.  Especially Athena and Thena.  I'm more interested in a buddy movie with Dane and Blade.  That could be a lot of fun.

I am not sure what Marvel movie/series is next.

No comments: