Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Robot MOTW- Mechagodzilla 93

 

This is not the most fearsome looking version of Mechagodzilla (nothing will top the original) but it did manage to kill the second series monster.  At least for a few minutes, anyway.  It is loaded with weapons, but looks barely mobile.  Rodan and a baby Godzilla are running around the movie as well.  This MG is also a transformer, as it can pair with the Garuda and become Super Mechagodzilla.  The weapons are all beams, which allow it to stay away from Godzilla.  Part of the plan to kill Godzilla stems from a now discredited theory of dinosaurs having a second or hind brain to relay commands to their lower bodies.  This would not work today, obviously.

When I first saw this movie I quite enjoyed it.  The thrill of seeing new Godzilla movies was still in the air.  However, the stories got to be really similar when viewed in a row.  I can't remember the last time I actually watched this movie.  I like it, but like most of these second series of films, they are not in my top 15.  The monsters were mostly too bulky and there was a real lack of physical contact with the creatures.

SO this will be the last MOTW.  I have been doing it for about two years straight, and want to do a new thing starting next year.  I am going to do HERO of the Week, which I think will be fun as well.

stay tuned!

No comments: