Saturday, December 17, 2022

Marvel's Hercules movie

 

Hercules was introduced into the MCU at the end of Thor 4.  He will be played by Brett Goldstein, and looks pretty close to his comic book counterpart.  I have some thoughts about how I would do his first movie.  Zeus has sent him out to kill Thor, or at least humiliate him in some manner.  Once he arrives on Earth looking for Thor, I would have him meet and battle some other menace for the majority of the movie.  This would be a way of introducing him to current Earth and his supporting cast, while looking for Thor.  I would only have the God of Thunder show up at the end of the movie, setting up the clash of titans that way, as well as the next movie.  That way Marvel wouldn't have to cram it all into another 3 hour movie.

At least, that makes sense to me.  Herc never really had an archnemesis in the comics, except maybe Pluto/Hades, but I doubt that will actually work in the MCU.  But there are plenty of villains that Marvel could throw at him.

No comments: