Monday, December 26, 2022

Trailing the Pink Panther FIlms (2022)

What a labor of love this is.  John Lemay looks at all of the movies involved with the Pink Panther name.  I love that the Inspector is on the cover as well.  The cartoons were ubiquitous when I was growing up, and they were generally pretty fun.  The earliest ones were always my favorite, especially since many of them got released theatrically.  It was several years later that I learned of the the movies that brought the character to life.  At some point, one of the movies had to be on television, and then I saw one at the drive-in.  This was The Pink Panther Strikes Again, where Chief Inspector Dreyfuss blackmails the world to kill Clouseau.  My family loved it, and started looking for the other movies in the series.

Imagine my surprise finding out the first movie is NOT about Clouseau!  He is there, but wasn't supposed to be the star.  John goes into all this information and more.  It is written in his enjoyable style, complete with synopses and critiques.  The book is in full color, but is reasonably priced.  It is available on Amazon, and highly enjoyable.
 

No comments: