Saturday, January 23, 2021

Now in Full Color- WandaVision episode 3

 

There will probably be mild spoilers.

Wanda had her twins, and did it in the most Marvel-sitcom way possible.  It was hilarious and touching.  It's also a little scary if you know anything about Master Pandemonium.  I doubt he will make an appearance here, as he's a little "out there" for this sort of story, but you just never know.  There are so many nice touches in this show- Wanda called said the term  "synthezoid" which I don't think has ever been said aloud before.  That sure made me smile.  They managed to hit every cliche and trope of so many sitcoms so far it's almost scary.

The supporting cast is wonderful, and I really like Monica Rambeau/Captain Marvel/Photon, I mean Geraldine.  I'm sorry Wanda had to throw her clean out of the show.  I guess SWORD is now a thing in the MCU, but it happened long after I stopped reading comic books, so I am not quite up to speed on that bit of Marvel nonsense.  When did the Vision get super speed, though?

I understand there are whiner fans out there complaining this show is boring.  They seem to have missed the whole point.  I said after Age of Ultron that I wanted a Vision/Wanda movie, but this is probably better.  The movie would have been 2+ hours, because of course they all are now, but a series should be even longer.  YAY!

There sure are a lot of Hydra mentions in the commercials, though.  That's not troubling at all.

No comments: