Saturday, January 9, 2021

The Mesozine Era

Picked up this fanzine the other day- well, I ordered it from the creator, I mean.  You can get it here as well.  I forget how much fun fanzines are, even as I make my own.  There's just something so personal about DYI zines that makes them fun.  I didn't realize it at the time, but it's one of the reasons I love doing Xenorama.  I get to say what I want about anything I choose.  I have a plethora of talented writers and artist that help out and that is fun as well.  And it's about dinosaurs!  How many other magazines are there in this field now?

This first issue is mostly artwork and stories.  I would love to contribute something, but I have never learned how to get the dinosaurs tails off the ground properly, and don't even get me started on feathers.  But the people involved here do such a great job with all their artwork.  It's so much fun, even if that poor turtle is about to get scooshed.  

  There is a reason for it, of course.  Turtles can be canabalistic, apparently.  Go figure.
 

No comments: