Monday, January 18, 2021

WandaVision (2021)

 

Everyone who knows me know I have been a fan of these two characters for decades many years of my life.  They were literally the first super couple I watched fall in love and get married.  I was rather worried about their cinematic incarnations, but both Paul Bettany's and Elizabeth Olson's (I will easily forgive her for being in the terrible 2014 Godzilla movie) won me over.  I didn't even know she was an Olson sister for years!

So I knew what was going to happen in Avengers: Infinity War.  In the comics, the Vision has a solar jewel.  Had this remained in the movies, Thanos would not have bothered with him.  However... so I knew what was going to happen.  I had hoped he would return in the final movie. but damn time travel rules!  

When this series was announced I was intrigued.  Having watched the first two episodes, I am a fan.  It's a small cast, but it works.  However... having read many comic books about this couple, I am worried.  Wanda seems to have mastered her powers, though she may also be a true mutant now as well, who knows.  She is incredibly powerful, as her original hex was a reality altering ability.

I am intrigued and scared at the same time.  There are plenty of clues sprinkled about the two episodes for us long time readers which I appreciate.  Bring on the rest of the series!

No comments: