Monday, October 25, 2021

Batman Beyond Blu Ray

I'll be interested in reviewing this series again.  I still don't like Bruce being a bitter old coot, though I can see it would be a logical conclusion to the Batman we saw in B:TAS, at least the first run.  Once Superman and especially the Justice League cartoons happened, it's a lot harder to say Bruce was a loner.  Adding the possible romance with Diana into the mix... who's gonna tell Wonder Woman he DOESN'T want to date her?  So that aspect of the series doesn't sit well with me.  Of course, if you take it out or change it, the reason for the series existing is moo.  You know, a cow's opinion.

Having said all that, it is a pretty solid series.  It's not my favorite Batman cartoon, but I do approve of legacy heroes.  Terry McGinnis happened before all the nonsense of Damien Wayne, so they weren't worried about any sons or daughters (hi Helena) taking up the cowl.  Bruce did call him a Robin at one point, though.  

I never figured out that Terry was voiced by Will Friedle for the longest time.  He also was the Blue Beetle in the most fun Batman: The Brave and the Bold as well.  He's just great.  I enjoyed the series a lot more than I thought I would, but haven't seen an episode for almost ten years.  I have the Superman Blu Ray set ready to order when it is released... which is today, I think, and then I will have almost all of the DCU animated shows in my possession.

No comments: