Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Ultra MOTW- Bemular

 

Bemular, or Bemlar, as it's generally pronounced, was the first Ultra Monster we ever saw.  Well, unless we include the critters from Ultra Q.  I don't know how that actually fits.  Is Ultra Q considered cannon to the original run of shows?  Well, for the purpose of MOTW, I am only considering the ones that appeared in Ultraman itself.  Ultraman was chasing Bemlar and crashed into Hawayta's ship.  Bemlar is a dangerous creature, though how it piloted a ship or turned into the ball of energy is beyond me.  It does have a beam or breath weapon, which doesn't seem to affect Ultraman much.  The Science Patrol helps defeat Bemlar, which is a nice touch.

I will be going through this first set of Ultra monsters for the monster of the week.  I have done a few already, and will skip those.  It'll be fun!

No comments: