Sunday, October 3, 2021

Sven- Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein (1948)

 

There really isn't a lot to say about this great movie, so this post will be short.  I've seen the movie so many times that all the characters seem like old friends.  Sven really couldn't tell me much about the movie I didn't already know, but that's on me, not him.  He has aired this before, but I don't mind.  It is better than seeing the Empire of the Ants again, I'll tell you what.  I don't remember how old I was when I first saw the movie, but it was a regular on KWGN Channel 2.  By then I was familiar with Bud and Lou, and had seen many Universal movies.

Sven has been showing a lot of Universal movies this summer.  I'm ready for something from the 50s now, a little sci-fi now.  I know he has to show what he can get the rights to, but a little diversity would be nice.  Next week is the 1931 Frankenstein.   That movie is about 71 minutes long, so there should be plenty of time for Sven's schtick,

No comments: