Friday, October 8, 2021

9. What If... the Watcher Broke his Oath?

Let's see if they can get me back with this season finale.  That was at the start of the show last night, and I have to admit they wrapped it up pretty well.  Spoilers may abound now. In fact, I don't think any of these heroes died at all.  Which is nice change of pace from most of the series.  The Watcher visits several of the universes we have already seen (though not the main one, go figure) and pulls various heroes (and one villain) together to stop Ultron Mark nth.  There are many fun asides, and Marvel has something with Captain Carter.  I would not be surprised to her show up more regularly, especially with the post credits scene.

I still have the same misgivings that have plagued most of the episodes- the "rules" are not applied equally all the time.Why do Ultron's Infinity Stones work in other Universes, but they can't be destroyed by an artifact from a different Universe?  Why can Killmonger work those same stones, though he is from a different Universe?  Why do I overthink these things?

I know they are working on Season 2, and I hope they don't try to top this one, or continue this story.

No comments: