Sunday, December 19, 2021

Ultraman Ace Blu Ray review


The picture and audio quality are great.  This was the first Ultra series after the original that I ever watched all the way through. So it's a sentimental favorite.  I can't believe that was almost 30 years ago now, in raw Japanese with no subs.  Who knew we would get these Blu Ray sets with English subtitles?  I know I say that a lot, but it's still amazing to own these sets (I'm not buying Taro, no way no how.  It's too silly).  As stated, the VQ is great, so good that strings and wires are visible for monster and mecha at times.  That never bothers me, since I love the hand made effects, rather than sometimes soulless CGI ships and effects.  Seeing real miniatures is just amazing these days.

However, this set has the same issue as The Return of Ultraman set does, poorly written episode guides.  It looks like they were made by using Google Translate and then copy and pasting them with no editing at all.  It really is not a big deal since the sets are so reasonably priced.  Still, one would think that a little more care would have been taken before putting them on sale.

Still not buying Taro.

No comments: