Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

 

Well, at least A Captain Marvel sort of makes an appearance in the movie.  The movie starts with Thanos wiping out the Asgardians that were alive from the end of Ragnarok.  He also kills Loki again, but as we know, he is only sort of dead.  Of course, we didn't know that three years ago, but I'm OK with it.  I started with a real review, but really, the important thing in here is I went into the movie knowing what was (probably) going to happen to The Vision.  I mean, he has the Mind Stone embedded in him.  They did it so well I thought perhaps I would be wrong, but alas, I was right.   I will admit, I wished I was wrong.  At least I still got WandaVision.

The interplay between so many of the characters is so great.  The action is great as well, but sometimes I wish for a little more talking from the characters.  "Always leave 'em wanting more!" is a true saying, though.  The first time I watched this I lamented it was almost a Thanos movie, but it really isn't.  I do like the fact that all the "original" Avengers were still alive after the snap.  This lets them shine in the final movie, which is good.  Also, Ant-man is an original Avenger, so that's a nice touch.

Speaking of Ant-man, next up: Ant-man and the Wasp.

No comments: