Saturday, December 11, 2021

Captain Marvel (2019)

none of these  3 Captain Marvels are Carol Danvers
I have known Carol Danvers most of my comic book fandom life.  I have seen her through her civilian days, meeting Marv-Ell when she worked with NASA to her working for JJJ and all the other drama that Marvel decided to put her through.  She's had more superhero names than most heroes, including Hank Pym.  I really never saw her assuming the Captain Marvel moniker, but it makes sense.  The MCU is lucky, since they don't have to deal with some 30-70 years of stories that repeat themselves ad nauseam because Marvel didn't want to deal with legacy heroes.  Even though events matter in Marvel Comic books.  That is until the next artistic team shows up.

This is a good movie, but I wouldn't rank it in the top five.  There are lots of fun touches and it's always great to see Agent Coulson again.  We do learn how this Nick Fury lost his eye.  Darn ol flerken.  I wonder if they all look like ginger cats.  I bet TK was one and never told me.  I also wonder how long they live.  We never saw Goose again.

Next- EndGame

No comments: