Thursday, December 2, 2021

Black Panther (2018)

 

This movie was harder to watch this time, mostly due to Chadwick Boseman's most untimely passing.  Knowing he was battling cancer during all his movie appearances makes me appreciate his work even more.  The movie is quite good, with a great cast.  Sometimes the CGI people look a bit like video game people, but it's not too bad overall.  I do miss fight scenes that don't need augmentation.  I can't fault them for using it, as it does make things safer for the actors, but does it always have to be used?  I didn't realize John Watson was in here, that was a pleasant surprise to discover.  I did see the movie in the theater, but I didn't know most of the actors in the movie until later.  I was glad to see M'Baku rehabilitated.  And he even has a sense of humor! I like the idea of Wakanda being made of various tribes. 

With the passing of Chadwick, I wonder what direction the sequel is going in.  The Panther is a legacy hero, so it can be passed on to others.  Of course, the Heart Shaped Herb is gone, though I have no doubt somewhere one more will be found.

Next up: Spider-man: Homecoming, though I think Hawkeye 03 will be next.

No comments: