Monday, December 27, 2021

Spider-man: Far From Home (2021)

 

This sure was fun, and a spider-fan's dream.  I loved it.  The ten year old me would have gone completely out of his mind, if he had gotten to see this (and most of the other Marvel movies, I'll tell you what.  It had everything- well, almost everything- in it.  Two thirds of the Sinister Six, three different yet oddly similar Spider-men and all kinds of references to various other Marvel stuff.  I would almost go see it again, if it wasn't going to be on Disney+ in a month of so.  It was a team up movie that actually worked like it was supposed to work.I will avoid spoilers (or try to) for the most part.  I think Ned will become some kind of mage, since he learned to make a portal much quicker than Dr. Strange ever did.  That was fun.  Stephen is still kind of a jerk, but the second post credits scene was essentially a trailer for his next movie, which has Wanda in it, so I'll be there for sure.  

I'm not a fan of variants for the most part, since it can get ridiculous quickly.  How many Hulks does Marvel currently have now?  They are all in the same universe, right?  I hope they don't go overboard on this idea.  It can get confusing, and I used to be able to keep the heroes from seven or so DC universes straight.  The only thing I didn't particularly care for was the first post credits scene, since bleah.  Other than that, the movie is great, possibly the best Spider-man ever- until they add Takuya Yamashiro and Leopardon to the mix.

No comments: