Thursday, March 24, 2022

This aired in 1975, just after the last of the Apes movies were fading from our memories.  Well, at least the general public.  We used to watch anything that was related, but this show did not hold my attention, and I don't remember it at all.  It followed the first two movies, but instead of an agrarian lifestyle for said Apes, they are closer to the actual book, where they had cars and other technologies available to them.  However, the Apes fad had faded by the time the cartoon had aired, and it wasn't seen again for almost 20 years.  The Sci-Fi channel aired it when it started, but I wanted the Filmation and Gigantor cartoons, so I never watched it.

I'm glad this set came out and am looking forward to viewing the show again.  I thought it was a Filmation production, but it turns out that it is from DePatie-Freleng Enterprises.  I remember the animation being somewhat limited, but good looking.  It is not a surprise, since Doug Wildey was on board to help out with the style of the series.

No comments: