Friday, March 25, 2022

Six Million Dollar pilots

 

I remember the first time I watched The Six Million Dollar Man.  I thought it was the first episode, since it was the show to watch that year.  Later I read the novel Cyborg by Martin Caidin, which the show was based on.  He wrote a few more of stories starring the original Steve Austin, and they are enjoyable.  I was really surprised to learn that there had been three pilot movies before the series started.  I found this out on the Sci-Fi Channel, when it aired the bionic series sometime in the mid-90s.  Seeing Darren McGavin as Oscar Goldman Oliver Spencer was also a surprise.  I haven't seen this movies or episodes now for about 20 years, so I am looking forward to watching them now.

It should be like watching brand new movies.  I think I watched all of this show after I started viewing it, but missed the last season of The Bionic Woman.  I did see the final three movies, which I remember enjoying.  I am glad they wrapped things up for our heroes.  I'll report more on the movies in later posts.

No comments: