Sunday, March 6, 2022

Sven- Dracula's Daughter (1936)

 

I don't remember the last time I watched this movie.  I do however, remember seeing it on Channel 2, KWGN, some Sunday afternoon.  It was not aired nearly as much as the other Universal Horror classics, but I had to have started my viewing of monster movies by then.  I remember enjoying it, but not finding it scary or even very exciting.  Seeing it again I enjoy how it is shot and the actors.  I like that it was a direct sequel to 1931's Dracula, which would never really happen again.  It is a very unusual movie, that's for sure.  They pack a lot of story into 72 minutes.

While I did enjoy the movie, I don't think I need to see it again any time soon.  It is just not that interesting to me, aside from an historical memory.  Sven had some fun bits in this show, where he was at conventions talking to various stars there.  I enjoy those a lot.

Next week- Son of Dracula (naturally)!


No comments: